Monday, June 25, 2012

looking for massage therapists around dc


does everyone around dc already know that amma is coming in just two weeks?? she'll be here from july 6-7th in alexandria. if you don't know who she is, check her out here.  she's the truest of yogis--giving is her practice. last year she hugged 32 million people around the world.  whoa!!  she goes and goes for 12+ hours without a break, hugging until every last person has been seen.  if you've never seen her before, then make some time to go for a visit (i'll give you a ride if you need one!).  even if you don't totally believe, it's still an awesome and totally interesting experience.

my own personal story is that i met amma three years ago when she came through on her annual tour.  i was curious about the hugging saint from south india but wasn't sure if i wanted to drive all the way to reston to see her.  i kept it in my mind and on her last day here, something deep within me told me to get myself out there.  my schedule freed up and a car appeared, and within a few hours i was sitting at her feet and receiving my first hug.   she hugged me in close and whispered "my daughter, my daughter, my daughter" into my ear.  during that evening, a man told me that his life changed dramatically after his first hug from amma.  looking back now, i see that within two months of that hug i completed my yoga teacher training and thai massage training soon after.  within six months, i was at her ashram in india and since then my life as a teacher and student of yoga and massage has been an amazingly joyful path.

i'm helping to coordinate the massage seva--selfless service--for her visit.  if you know of anyone who does bodywork and may be interested in giving their time to support amma's mission then send them my way at gracy.obuchowicz@gmail.com.  it'll be guaranteed good karma :)

ps  adam and i are all moved in. whew! in case you have forgotten, moving kinda sucks (especially in the dc summer) and is kind of awesome in that it's a great opportunity to start over again.  especially when you're moving in with a person that you think is pretty awesome.  i'm sure we'll hit some snags along the way, but so far, so fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

followers