Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Yoginis


Lovely Rita is from Hungary and is getting married this November to an equally lovely person, Hammad. Talking with her feels like taking a breath of fresh air.

Katie is just cool. She teaches hula-hoop dance classes and does fire spinning. Obviously she's from California.

Our instructor Chrissy Carter is an amazing human being and you should take her class if you are ever in NYC. Working with her has completely transformed my yoga practice.

Elizabeth is so genuine and kind. She makes me laugh...a lot...and has the most stellar earring collection.

Damla has this peaceful, powerful presence that puts everyone at ease--especially when she is teaching.

Laura has the best jump-back chaturanga dandasanas. She once told our class while she was instructing us ardha chandrasana that we looked like five-pointed stars.

You would be so lucky to have Allison teach you sun salutations and then bake you a chocolate chip pie.

Ayalet is incredible strong and poised and curious and perceptive. I learned a lot from just listening to her ask questions.

These are some of the lovely ladies that I did my yoga training with this last month. So beautiful, right? I could write essays about everyone in the class. I'm so happy to have gotten certified with them.

Yeah, I'm a yoga instructor! It feels good~I feel strong. So, what next? I'm not sure. Photography work is flowing these days. I'm loving my clients and their pictures and just wanting to ride this wave and see what happens. Hopefully teaching in DC will become a part of it. It's this new philosophy I've been trying lately about concentrating more on what is alredy working instead of always throwing myself into new projects and exhausting my resources. It feels good to approach life this way instead of always trying so hard to paddle upstream.

Actually, I just have to say that I am ridiculously happy these days. I've been scared to write that because I am afraid of jinxing it, lest it all fall apart. My life is by no means perfect but it feels like its all working in the right direction and I don't feel like I am trying to be somebody/something I'm not. There is a sense of ease there that I haven't felt over the past couple of years where I can just admit that I don't keep up with current events and I don't go to that many happy hours but I am so excited about making my own kombucha and going to the movies and seeing exhibits like this one by Olafur Eliason. I guess I am getting comfortable in my own skin.

Thanks to everyone for reading and supporting me. I'll be posting a few pictures soon from the wedding I shot in Chicago this weekend that I am so excited about. Love!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats, Gracy! It's good to hear things are going so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dear!
    Thank you so much for the lovely comments and sharing everyone's pictures! You should also talk about the ease and love you bring out in your yoga instruction. See my similar comments here about happiness and ease: http://damlab.blogspot.com/2009/09/leaves-wind-and-to-do-lists.html I'm so glad that we did this training together! Hugs! :) Damla

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE getting to know you and all of your many talents!! i've been wanting to make my own kombucha for a while. do you know where i might get a baby?

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome gracy... both words and pictures. i miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Gracie! It was such a lovely and unforgettable month of August for all of us. I cannot wait to hang out more and spend more time becoming yoginis together... Love, R

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of your classmates and yourself are stunning. I love you my friend.

    ReplyDelete

followers